Prone to Wander

A catholic Christian's repository of hints, allegations, and things probably better left unsaid.

Friday, July 21, 2006

I've decided to start this separate space up so I can wax eloquently on matters that just don't seem to fit in with my original Xanga blog, which I plan to keep using as an outlet to keep in touch with my scattered friends. I plan on using this space for essays/reflections/rants on theology, philosophy, art, politics, or whatever else I deem is worthy of a slightly more serious discourse. I hope that my Xanga friends will check in here from time to time, but I also hope to maybe gain a wider readership as well.

I expect that a large portion of these scribblings will be concerned with the Anglican expression of Christianity, particularly from the perspective of the Episcopal Church, of which my wife and I are now confirmed members. My background and education in evangelicalism will doubtless come into play also, as I sort out my faith journey in terms of both where I've been and where I am now. As for where I'm going, I suppose this blog will help chart that course.

I certainly don't plan for this to be only a dour, introspective record of my various navel-gazing enterprises. Faith is only relevant for me insofar as it enhances my ability to live in communion with God and with others. Beyond that, I expect my walk with Christ to produce fruits of joy and fellowship with everyone I interact with, regardless of their particular religious affiliation (or lack thereof). Hopefully, this journal chronicles that as well, so that I can offer something enjoyable and beneficial to my readers.

To everyone slightly interested in where this goes from here, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home